Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hope for Haiti Now

Justin Timberlake & Matt Morris' cover of Leonard Cohen "Hallelujah" Live On Hope For Haiti Now, was, so far, the jewel of the evening for me (I fell asleep and watched the playback this morning). though I haven't finished the whole show, I've had this four-minute performance on repeat for the past half hour or so.

The original song (in composition and lyrics) is brilliant in itself, but I thought the cover was an appropriate choice Timberlake and Morris blended like they had been singing together for years (Morris' tone is so smooth-- a nice, raspy blue-eyed soul-type thing going on, without sounding affected; I can understand why Timberlake has signed him and I will be googling him immediately lol) But more than that, in such an acoustic arrangement it was bare and chilling; almost ethereal.. had my broke tail about to empty my piggie bank for the third time for Haiti relief!

Whenever this performance becomes available, I will be one of the first to patronize. Whatever they charge, though, wont be enough. Not enough for this once in a lifetime live performance that, to me, created an atmosphere and captured the spirit and soul of a whole people in need,
with "... the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift...."

I only wish there was more that I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment